Non-emergency cancellations:(vacations, parties, etc) - 48-hour minimum notice. Please let us know of any future absences so that time your can be made available to other students.
Sudden cancellations:(sickness, car problems, family/friend emergencies) by 8PM the night before your lesson. Emergencies may be considered at the discretion of your teacher – we aim to be reasonable and understanding in such situations.
Lesson cancelled by teacher:If for any reason we must cancel a lesson, a make-up lesson will be offered at the earliest possible time.
In the event of a missed lesson:If procedure is followed a make-up lesson will be scheduled. If not (for example forgetting a lesson or failing to cancel a lesson in advance) the lesson will be considered forfeit, no make-up will be offered, and payment will be due for the missed lesson at the start of the next scheduled lesson. Failure to produce proper payment at the next lesson will result in dismissal from the lesson.
Habitual cancellations:Please understand that teaching voice is a full time career. A great deal of preparation goes into creating a specialized curriculum for every student, preparing piano parts, practice tracks, lesson materials, and maintaining my our continuing education. As such, frequent cancellations may result in a student losing their weekly time slot. In this case, individual lessons may be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance and these lessons must be prepaid at the time of booking. All prepaid lessons follow the same make-up policies as outlined above. This ensures that you are not paying for missed lessons and also prevents our time from being wasted. Remembering to attend a session is the responsibility of the student and failing to turn up without notice is both a waste of your instructors time, and disrespectful. Thank you for your understanding.
The Galway Voice Studio fully respects your rights to privacy and is committed to strict adherence to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which becomes fully effective on 25th May 2018 as well as the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
This Privacy Statement sets out how the Galway Voice Studio collects and processes any information that you give to us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, process, use and disclose your personal information and sets out our security practices.
(Please note that the terms “You/Your” may refer, interchangeably, to the member, or a Parent, in the case of a member being a child.
What we collect
We collect, only, personal information that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. We only do this when you have provided us with the information, and you have given your consent that we can use it in your interest for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. This data may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
How we use your Personal Information and the Legal basis for doing so
Any personal information you provide, will be used for the purpose for which you supply it and will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
Your contact information will only be used for Galway Voice Studio updates, and will not be passed on to any unrelated third party.
By providing your personal information, we may use this to:
· Send individual/group texts with class updates, fee notifications, or event notifications.
· Send emails with event notifications, and other relevant Galway Voice Studio updates.
How long we keep your data
This will vary. We will retain the data for the duration of your attendance of the Galway Voice Studio.
Once membership is ended:
· your mobile number will be deleted from our student list
· your email address will remain on our mailing list, until such time as you either request removal, or unsubscribe yourself. The option to unsubscribe from the mailing list is contained with EVERY email we send out.
What are your rights?
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the application form, you submitted, in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018
· Right of rectification – you have a right to amend information on your application form that is inaccurate or incomplete, in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018, e.g. if you move house or change your phone number. Please note, this is advisable, anyway, so you don’t miss out on important notifications.
· Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records, in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018
· Right of portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of information processing such as direct marketing.
Cookies & Websites
Our websites, Facebook pages, and apps may use technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a server. Cookies allow websites and mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. The website or mobile application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify your cookie preferences. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website, etc...
Our website may from time to time provide links to third party websites. Our Privacy Statement does not apply any third party websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
· how these websites treat your information
· the content of such websites
· the use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering any personal information.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If the changes we make are relevant, we may send out an email, notifying you of this fact.. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement, from time to time, to stay up to date about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
Email: Cathal Jack